NHS: Individual Placement and Support
The Individual Placement and Support Programme supports people with mental health conditions to find paid employment which suits their preferences and strengths.
What We Do
Through one-to-one sessions, we work with you to make the most of your skills and talents and together we create an action plan, which includes aims and goals going forward. We link with a network of partners to provide training aimed at specific job-related skills as well as increasing confidence and self-esteem.
- We can provide support with CV writing, careers guidance, job searching, filling in employment forms and making job applications, interview preparation and advice with addressing the sometimes difficult issue of disclosure of previous illness. We can also help you search and apply for training and education placements and courses.
- If you are already in employment, we are able to offer ongoing support aimed at helping you to remain in your job.
- We can help you get in contact with ‘Access to Work’ and Citizens Advice and provide guidance around bringing up reasonable adjustments to a workplace.
- While our Employment Support workers can offer informal Mental Health support, we can also refer you to more professional mental health support within Bucks Mind.
Who We Can Help
To take part in the programme, you will need to fulfil the following criteria:
- Be over the age of 18
- Be living in Buckinghamshire (not Milton Keynes)
- Feel ready to engage in work and need some support with staying on track with your goal
You can either contact us directly or ask your GP for a referral to our service.
Call on: 0800 328 7971
Email at: email@example.com